San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set
- 50th anniversary of the San Francisco Mint first producing proof coins
- Two-lens silver reverse proof set
- Each coin bears the “S” mint mark reflecting its striking at the San Francisco Mint
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
In celebration of the San Francisco Mint’s 50th anniversary producing United States Mint proof coinage, we are proud to offer this stunning two-lens silver reverse proof set. It features the 2018-dated Native American $1 coin, Kennedy half dollar, America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins, Roosevelt dime, Jefferson nickel, and Lincoln penny—all with beautiful reverse proof finishes.
- Five silver America the Beautiful Quarters Program coins with reverse proof finisheshonoring Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan; Apostle Islands National Lakeshore in Wisconsin; Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota; Cumberland Island National Seashore in Georgia; and Block Island National Wildlife Refuge in Rhode Island.
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse theme that commemorates the contributions of Jim Thorpe to American sports and culture. The design depicts Jim Thorpe, while the foreground highlights his achievements in football and as an Olympian. Inscriptions are “JIM THORPE,” “WA-THO-HUK,” (Thorpe’s native name), “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” and “$1.”
- One silver Kennedy half dollar
- One silver Roosevelt dime
- One Jefferson nickel
- One Lincoln penny
As with the traditional United States Mint Silver Proof Set, the half dollar, quarters, and dime are minted in 90 percent silver.
Each coin bears the “S” mint mark reflecting its striking at the San Francisco Mint, and the set is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
|Composition:||2.5% Copper, Balance Zinc||25% Nickel, Balance Copper||90% Silver, 10% Copper||90% Silver, 10% Copper||90% Silver, 10% Copper||6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, 2% Nickel, Balance Copper|
|Weight:||2.500 grams||5.000 grams||2.500 grams||6.250 grams||12.500 grams||8.100 grams|
|Diameter:||0.750 inch (19.05 mm)||0.835 inch (21.21 mm)||0.705 inch (17.91 mm)||0.955 inch (24.26 mm)||1.205 inches (30.61 mm)||1.043 inches (26.49 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S|